Thursday, October 18, 2012

Photography Class : Changing My Angle


Today I noticed myself really working on angles.  Honestly, I haven't been feeling well and wasn't planning on picking up my camera at all...but when inspiration strikes (and you can't stop thinking of the new photo skills learned), well I'm a roll with the punches kinda gal.

I would love to hear any comments! 
All shot in Auto with no editing whatsoever.
I'm sure i could fancy these up a bit, but here's to a real challenge!
Isn't this fun :)

I'm not sure how to critique this one. Balanced? Simple enough?

Does her fingers cut off make this awkward or does it work?
Thirds.simple.
I like her hand framing.


Fast forward a couple hours and here is my boy.  The lighting was evening sunset coming in through a big window to the side of me.

If i shot him a bit lower third of the frame it would have been better.  Not so simple, but tis life sometimes :)
Lines!

lines.simple.thirds.


Rule of thirds. simple. balance.  I really like this one.

balance.simple.lines.
almost cut off his ear...almost.


lines. balance.thirds

framing.

lines. thirds.balance.

I like the railway heading off.

THE END. 
thanks for watching.  next time i will post on flicker.  I haven't done this blogging site in ALONG time and its taking me too long and its being difficult.  Sorry if it's a bit wonkey :)

No comments: