Friday, September 23, 2011

Now and then


Looking back to the early days.
The beginning of new things.  The meeting of Graham.  New Baby, new Brother, new Son, new Family.  Everyone needed lots of love and much more sleep.  Everyone had to find their new roles.  I remember reflecting on each day and it felt like there were more tears shed than smiles given.  That was hard.  Much harder than I ever could have imagined.
But still, their was always moments of such sweetness.
Looking back, what I didn't know then was how truly meaningful, loving, and strong their relationship would grow to be.
  





     

If I could go back in time, I would have loved to show my crazy and exhausted self a glimps of these photos, and 
  tell myself this lovely bundle of wisdom.
"This is special.
    This is important.
This is a gift to treasure.
p.s.  You will get to shower more than twice a week again, someday!"

I admire all that they are learning from one another.  Things I alone could never teach them.
Things that can only be shared between siblings.
     They now have entered yet another ever changing and ever growing stage.
They are the best of friends!
They spend much of the day rolling balls around, playing chase, having crawling races (love when Molly lets Graham win),  hide and seek,  peek-a-boo, tug-o-war, kitchen play, book time, show and tell,  and I can go on!  They love just being together and it is truly awesome.  
For this I feel good!

No comments: